[arch-general] Multi architecture binary pkgs

jesse jaara jesse.jaara at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 07:46:54 EST 2010

Currently, if one wants to make a pkg, lets
say, for an app that only has binaries available
and only for 32bit archs, then one usually
makes a bin32-appname pkg for it. I don't
like this and would like to have the bin32
and the non-bin32 pkgs to be just one
pkg with the name of the app. But if one
makes this kind of a pkg, one must use
ugly if [[ "$CARCH" = .... statements are in
the PKGBUILD, so I was thinking that
could it be possible to implement some
new variables in PKGBUILDS
like depends32 and optdepends32
and then build32() {} and
package32() {}? I dont know how makepkg
is written, so I dont know how hard it is
to implement these, but in the best case it shouldn't
be more than just one or two if-statements
in the code, so if arch is x86_64 use
the 32 variables if they are present.

--
(\_ /) copy the bunny to your profile
(0.o ) to help him achieve world domination.