[arch-general] PulseAudio in [testing]

Brendan Long korin43 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 18:55:15 EST 2010

On 12/01/2010 08:09 PM, C Anthony Risinger wrote:
> since i recently blew up my computer "accidentally on purpose"[1]... i
> decided to try this since i said i would and so many others to had
> success.
>
> works perfectly under a fresh install, e17 desktop; nice w3rk!  i'm
> liking it quite a bit... sharing/sending sound to other machines is a
> pretty neat trick; maybe i can set it up under my local headless KVM
> server and send music/etc to my or my fiancé's laptops... or both...
> cool.
>
> C Anthony
>
> [1] me==smart. http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-btrfs/msg07193.html

Have you seen the PulseAudio volume control applet (for Gnome)? My
favorite two parts are being able to control sound for each application
separately (Pidgin doesn't need to be as loud as Banshee), and being
able to switch output while things are playing (makes using a headset
much nicer). I actually stopped using PulseAudio to try OSS, and I'm
thinking of going back just for those two things.

Brendan Long