[arch-general] State of the Repositories

Kazuo Teramoto kaz.rag at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 21:54:32 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 10:16 PM, keenerd <keenerd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Let's make a graph to show how bad it continues to be.
>
>> expac -S -t '%Y-%m' '%b' $(cat return_one) | sort | uniq -c | sed 's/^ *//' > return_one_releases
> http://kmkeen.com/tmp/return-one-releases.png
>
> If packages were actually cleaned up when updated, the red line would
> be flat on zero.  Instead, 50-100 packages with 'return 1' are
> released every month.  (And yes, the oldest surviving package is
> almost three years old.  Happy birthday perl-passwd-md5, if you make
> it another month.)

Uhh... I see myself in you, somewhat. People that make graphs, and
estimation of everything...

In my last "work" I made a Monte Carlo simulation for estimating the
probabilities of the winner of soccer championship (Brasileirão 2010,
I'm Brazilian) (note: I hate soccer...). And worked! I get the first 3
places correct six rounds before the end (from a total of 38
rounds)...

Regards,
Kazuo
--
“The journey is more important than the destination—that’s part of
life, if you only live for getting to the end, you’re almost always

Donald E. Knuth