[arch-general] What about gallium on r600?

Sven-Hendrik Haase sh at lutzhaase.com
Mon Dec 13 18:32:08 EST 2010

On 14.12.2010 00:15, Sergej Pupykin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it works not worse than classic mesa on my RV620.
>
> I add --enable-gallium-r600 and modify package_ati-dri-git() in
> mesa-git PKGBUILD as it is already done for r300
>
> (make -C ${srcdir}/build/src/gallium/targets/dri-r600
> DESTDIR="${pkgdir}" install)
>
> I test current (20101213) git snapshot.
>
> May be put it into testing and enable on next release?

Upstream does not currently advise using this driver. Upstream usually
is knowledgeable about this so we should hang on for some more time.
Unless, of course, some recent changes have been merged. Did you ask in
#radeon? If not, can you do that and inform us about the current state
of the driver and whether using gallium for r600 is recommended yet?

-- Sven-Hendrik