[arch-general] dropping go-openoffice/icu-4.6 rebuilds

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Tue Dec 14 20:47:05 EST 2010

On 12/06/10 12:43, Andreas Radke wrote:
> The former ooo-build project "go-openoffice" is deprecated by
> upstream developers in favor of the upcoming LibreOffice (LibO).
>
> It's time to drop it from our repos while we are rebuilding all
> OpenOffice branches for the icu-4.6 .so-bump.
>
> Please use the vanilla Oracle openoffice-base packages or try out the
> new and already very stable libreoffice packages.
>
> The Oracle office beta and devel packages will get rebuilt when new
> upstream releases will happen. Don't expect them to work when we move
> icu-4.6. They are of low interest.

Hmm, this should probably have gone (should go?) in announcements /
archlinux.org homepage.  I upgraded and forgot about this until I ran
'soffice' and it didn't start.*

(I'd been using go-openoffice.  Installing extra/libreoffice made it
work again.)

*unsurprisingly, the error is, (put here for the sake of googlers) :
/usr/lib/go-openoffice/program/soffice.bin: error while loading shared
libraries: libicuuc.so.44: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

-Isaac