[arch-general] We want to help

C Anthony Risinger anthony at extof.me
Thu Dec 16 10:33:09 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 1:09 AM, Alexander Duscheleit
<jinks at archlinux.us> wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:12:46 -0600
> C Anthony Risinger <anthony at extof.me> wrote:

>> > I'll add "AUR3" to the mix... -
>> > https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=99839
>>
>> i haven't made any release or update to BBS (or README :-) in some
>> time, but a fair amount of work + thought has gone into this.  if
>> you'd like, check out the 'pmvc-refactor' branch here:
>>
>> https://github.com/extofme/aur-pyjs/tree/pmvc-refactor
>>
>> it will be the path forward, and is based on the lightweight puremvc
>> framework to add a little sanity.  i encourage you to take a look, as
>> the code is remarkably small, fast, free of any HTML/compatibility
>> nuances, but still leverages the full power of the most advanced GUI
>> available... a web browser, an excellent language... python, and a
>> competent widget library based on GWT.  it's a fully client side
>> javascript (or python-DOM) application requiring nothing from the
>> server (or a local daemon...) other than JSON-RPC endpoints, which can
>> be implemented in any language.
>> [...]
>
> Just out of curiosity, how will this accommodate links/lynx or
> brltty/espeak/etc. users?

it would not i suppose -- someone else would need to create a front
end that renders static HTML.  the rest of the code and library could
be reused... i don't have much interest in implementing that, but i do
plan to work on a CLI interface once other aspects have been
completed, so that would be an option too.

the frontends speak with a local JSON-RPC daemon, so really it can be
anything (in fact one of my super secret awesomo goals is to wire a
visualizer to the daemon once it's distributed, and visualize the
Archlinux network).

i'm about to have a whole lotta time freed up, so i'll finally be able
to work on this again... this project's on my mind everyday and it
annoys me when i can't work on it :-)

C Anthony