[arch-general] dhcpd fails to start when using TSIG key created with hmac-sha256 encryption

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Dec 18 17:50:25 EST 2010

On 12/18/2010 04:44 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> Guys,
>
> 	I have run into a problem with the dhcpd daemon refusing to start when using
> the default hmac-sha256 algorithm for key encryption. A good description of the
> problem is here:
>
> http://www.pubbs.net/201009/dhcp/8256-cant-start-isc-dhcpd-420.html

Also,

	for some strange reason, I have had to remove DHCP_ARGS from /etc/conf.d/dhcp
to get dhcp to start:

# DHCP_ARGS="-q"
DHCP_ARGS=

	After removing "-q", dhcpd starts fine. Anybody else see this behavior? This is
on a brand new install. I have another server running dhcpd and "-q" causes no
problems there. Any ideas on what could make the difference?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC