[arch-general] 'any' architecture repository

John W Palmieri john at mediaonfire.com
Thu Dec 23 13:53:09 EST 2010

Hey Gang:

I'm creating my own packages and respository. I have both i686 and
x86_64 architectures, as well as pure python code which is 'any'
architecture.

In order to get the 'any' packages to load in either 'i686' or 'x86_64',
I have had to create a separate [custom-any] entry in pacman.conf and
corresponding directory tree in the repository.

I could add the 'any' packages to each of the machine architectures, but
I don't like the redundancy.

So is the separate entry the way to go? Obviously, I'd like one entry:

[custom]
ftp://server/linux/archlinux/$repo/os/$arch

instead of:

[custom]
ftp://server/linux/archlinux/$repo/os/$arch

[custom-any]
ftp://server/linux/archlinux/$repo/os/any

Thanks.

-John