[arch-general] adding hunspell-xx packages

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Thu Dec 30 06:31:58 EST 2010

Right now we don't have modern dictionaries packaged. People use AUR
packages or poor OpenOffice extensions that cannot be used for other
apps. The proper way is to have hunspell-xx packages providing a
dictionary, thesaurus and hyphenation data files.

I'm going to add a base set of hunspell-{en,de,foo} packages to
testing. A common PKGBUILD doesn't make much sense because the
upstream sources are maintained in different countries and releases
come at different time.

This way we can make use of the packages in OOo/LibO, enchant and
Mozilla's FF/TB/SM packages. The files will go
into  /usr/share/hunspell/xx_XX with symlinks
to /usr/share/myspell/dicts/xx-XX for historical reason.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunspell for more.

To compare look at
http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/openoffice.org-dictionaries
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=hunspell-XX.git