[arch-general] Multiple Kernels

Daenyth Blank daenyth+arch at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 11:11:11 EST 2010

2010/2/1 Nilesh Govindarajan <lists at itech7.com>:
> Agreed. But recently a USB problem (possibly a bug) was being discussed
> heavily on the forums. What about it ? Didn't the developers test the kernel
> properly before releasing it to the community ?

They do test the kernel, but you can't possibly expect them to stop
updates for a bug that probably never came up during testing. They
can't test every possible hardware combination, we just don't have the
resources or manpower for that. If you want to help out in the
process, use of the testing repo (and bug tracker and arch-dev-public
mailing lists) is encouraged.