[arch-general] Syncing the mirrors

Steve Holmes steve.holmes88 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 22:01:36 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 04:42:32AM +0200, Ionut Biru wrote:
> mirrors.kernel.org in fact is not a single mirror. is an alias to a
> geolocation subdomain and from there is serving from closer
> geographically position(in theory).
> for you maybe you hit in an up to date server.

I don't know but I've been doing multiple 'pacman -Syuw' and each time
I seem to be able to download one package and then all the rest fail
and the response says the file is supposedly not found.  I'll tell
you, with 83 files to get and only getting one each time, this is the
worst update experience I've ever had.  It usually goes so smoothly
but this time around is terrible!