[arch-general] Multiple Kernels

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 02:53:25 EST 2010

On 2 February 2010 13:43, Ty John <ty-ml at eye-of-odin.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 23:13:38 -0600
> "William A. Mahaffey III" <wam at hiwaay.net> wrote:
>
>> On 02/01/10 21:59, Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
>> > Well, Arch is rolling release distro, I agree. Arch rocks. But only
>> > one thing. pacman should support installing multiple kernels.
>> > Developers need not maintain the old version. Let it be in the
>> > cache of the user. But pacman should not remove the older one after
>> > upgrade.
>> >

>> I 2nd that motion ....
>>

> As previously mentioned, that is what the user's local cache is for.

Urmm..if it is so important, Arch gives you the power to roll your own
kernel. Heck, I don't even have a fallback, because I don't need it.
Like Fons, I have an RT kernel, and a normal kernel. Either acts as a
backup of the other, since neither gets updated along with the other.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD