[arch-general] Syncing the mirrors

Guilherme M. Nogueira guilherme at nirev.org
Tue Feb 2 17:51:52 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 7:41 PM, Damjan Georgievski <gdamjan at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I must be missing something.. isn't --delete-after good enough?
>
> you are missing the fact that it will download the database file
> before it downloads the package files.
> So if I "-Syu" at that time pacman will want to upgrade packages that
> are not on the mirror.
>
> Which is why mirrors must sync the database AFTER syncing the packages.

I thought that was exactly what Damjan said:
- download all new packages
- sync database (or, update db, as he said)
- delete old packages

I don't know how the mirros sync, but if it is with rsync, I guess it would be a
matter of calling it without the delete parameter once, update db, and then
calling rsync with the delete parameter set.

Would this work?

--
Guilherme M. Nogueira
- Arthur C. Clarke