[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] mkinitcpio 0.6 alpha - testing and help needed

Uli Armbruster uli.armbruster at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 3 04:32:23 EST 2010

2010/2/2 Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org>:
> Am 02.02.2010 22:51, schrieb Uli Armbruster:
>> I use your kill-klibc repo on i686 and I just want to confirm, that it works with
>>
>> % cat /etc/mkinitcpio.conf
>> MODULES=""
>> HOOKS="base udev pata uresume filesystems"
>
> Just out of curiosity, where's the uresume hook from, which package?
>
>> No problems so far, except http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Udev#Auto_mounting_USB_devices don't work anymore, this worked with the packages from the official repos. I have to find another nice way to automount my drives without hal, but that's another topic.
>
> I'm not sure how this can be related.

uresume is needed for uswsusp (from [community])

In the wiki, it says that all of these udev rules don't work, because
there's no program called vol_id anymore. But it worked for me, not
really sure why. Now with kill-klibc udev isn't able to detect the
volume name, so it always mounts at /media/sdb1 or something like
that. I'm really not sure, how this is related neither. Right now I
rather think it is strange that it worked before..