[arch-general] Vertical Quicklaunch on the Desktop in KDE4 - It's a Winner

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Feb 3 08:20:43 EST 2010

On 01/31/2010 07:58 AM, Denis A. Altoé Falqueto wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 7:39 PM, David C. Rankin
> <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
>
> Man, your desktop theme is _slick_... What is its name?

Dunno,

	Most of the themes I've just created by taking bits and pieces ideas from
different ones I like to ultimately end up with something I think is cool. I
think the one you were looking at was a color scheme called
dcrBlackGoldFinal.color with a gold satin desktop background. I've put all my
color schemes together in two bz2 files. One for kde3 and one for kde4. You can
grab theme here:

KDE3:
http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/dt/kde3/dcrKDE3color-schemes.tar.bz2

KDE4:
http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/dt/kde4/dcrKDE4color-schemes.tar.bz2

just unzip the themes to ~/.kde4/share/apps/color-schemes (using 'tar -xjf
crKDE4color-schemes.tar.bz2 -C ~/.kde4/share/apps/' will do it) You can use
either kde3 or kde4 themes in kde4, there are only 4-5 additional color elements
in kde4 and they will be filled in if a kde3 theme is used in kde4.

	The desktop theme containing the wallpaper, etc is:

http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/dt/kde3/kthememanager/themes/dcrBlackGoldKDE3Dark.kth

	There are several more variations and other Charcoal/Blue themes in:

http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/dt/kde3/kthememanager
http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/dt/kde3/kstyle/

Enjoy

> About the quickstart, I've used it some time, but now i use a taskbar
> called Fancy Task. It works as a quick launch and task manager. Very
> usefull.

I'll check it out.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.