[arch-general] Server Space for Arch Downloads / AUR / ABS for small X additions the Arch Community might enjoy?

Jens Kleikamp jens at codes-concepts.com
Wed Feb 3 12:05:40 EST 2010

On 03.02.2010 16:40, David C. Rankin wrote:
> On 02/03/2010 09:01 AM, Gaurish Sharma wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have seen your themes, they are very nice.
>> There are lot of options for Hosting Open Source software, have a look here:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_open_source_software_hosting_facilities
>>
>> Also, If you want something simple. then try dropbox.com. its also
>> available in aur.
>> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dropbox
>>
>> Looking forward to see more you themes.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Gaurish Sharma
>> www.gaurishsharma.com
>>

> Gaurish, Shridhar
>
>      Thanks for your suggestions. I'll check out the hosting facilities.
> Currently I'm limited to 384 up as mentioned, but hopefully that will go away in
> the near future. Suddenlink, my ISP is finishing a fiber install that should
> give me ~ 10M down and 5M up. At that point, I'll be able to host without
> bottlenecks.
>
>      What do you think about package names for:
>
> kthememanager themes
> kstyle themes
> kde3/4 color-schemes
> emerald themes
> gtk2 themes
> metacity themes
> e16 themes
> e17 themes
> sawfish themes
> windowmaker themes
> boxtop themes (openbox, blackbox, fluxbox, etc...)
> xcursor themes
>
>      Any suggestion for some type of generic 'xyz.{app}.theme.tar.gz' would be
> what I'm looking for to give the packages some type of consistent naming
> convention. Any idea?

Hey David,

regarding gtk2 themes, there are already a few themes published on AUR.

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?O=0&K=gtk2-theme

Today they all have a common package name scheme, gtk2-theme-<name>.
I think it would be a good idea to adapt.

I am looking forward to see your themes packaged for arch. :-)

Greetings
Jens