[arch-general] kde44beta - Arch needs to disable powerdevil suspend default -> very hard shutdown...

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Feb 3 12:42:14 EST 2010

Devs,

	I don't know whether this is something Arch can set or if it is kde that sets
the powerdevil suspend default. We need to see if it is possible to disable the
'suspend' after 30 minutes on the first page of the powerdevil settings because
many machines (mine included) do not suspend nicely and instead lock up tight.

	It took a while to find this issue on my x86_64 box, but after setting the
default to 'Turn off Screen' instead of suspend, the lockups are gone.

	When the suspend lockups occurred, my box locked so badly I had to pull the
power-cord and drain the residual power by depressing the 'on' button with the
cord out before the box would POST again. That's a serious lock....

	If possible, we may want to try and disable this default even if it is a kde
default because it has some pretty bad implications....

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC