[arch-general] Server Space for Arch Downloads / AUR / ABS for small X additions the Arch Community might enjoy?

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 15:00:13 EST 2010

On 4 February 2010 02:08, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
>        I'll take a look at AUR for the current naming convention. One other issue I
> need to figure out is whether there is any way I can publish a screenshot in
> AUR, etc. so users can easily identify which packages that might interest them.
> Is there any convention for doing that?

Nope. AUR and the rest of our tools support one external reference -
"$url". There is no function in place to support having any kind of
embedded image, but you could create a simple page to host an album.
That would then be the official url, since you don't already have one.
It would be something like the freedesktop sites, where example a
kde-look url links to a page which has a thumbnail of the software in
question.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD