[arch-general] Recent update to php-apache breaks LAMP stack.

Ashish SHUKLA wahjava.ml at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 13:13:15 EST 2010

Nilesh Govindarajan writes:
> On 02/02/2010 04:14 PM, Ashish SHUKLA wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd recently updated php, mysql, and php-apache packages to following versions:
>>
>> php 5.3.1-4
>> mysql 5.1.43-1
>> php-apache 5.3.1-4
>>
>> After update my existing webapps started showing error: Unable to connect to
>> database, with nothing changed on the webapps side. After assuming that recent
>> update cause them to break, I downgraded all related packages, and then
>> upgraded them one-by-one. Following is the final combination which worked for
>> me:
>>
>> php 5.3.1-4
>> mysql 5.1.43-1
>> php-apache 5.3.1-3
>>
>> If anyone also exhibits this behaviour, then I can report this as bug.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Ashish SHUKLA

> Did you get any start-up errors after upgrading PHP ?

Nop, I didn't get any errors in error_log of httpd, if thats what you
meant. And also nor any errors during upgrade.

> You should upgrade php-mysql as well. Because you're changing the
> version of libmysqlclient (mysql) whereas php-mysql is linked to some
> other version.

There is no 'php-mysql' package in the repositories. You probably mean this:

#v+
abbe [~] chateau.d.if % sudo pacman -Ql php |fgrep mysql
php /usr/lib/php/modules/mysql.so
php /usr/lib/php/modules/mysqli.so
php /usr/lib/php/modules/pdo_mysql.so
#v-

Ashish
--
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety.