[arch-general] Syncing the mirrors

Florian Pritz bluewind at server-speed.net
Thu Feb 4 15:57:16 EST 2010

On 02/04/2010 09:42 PM, Lee Burton wrote:
> It probably is.  Perhaps a push-primary solution (much simpler..)
> combined with a default twice a day sync (just to make sure?) for
> tier-1 mirrors might work.. the I believe point here is to get ideas
> out there.
I'd go for arch master -> mirror with more bandwidth -> rest
and all run the script I already posted (no pushing) like every 1-5
minutes. Load should be near 0 and we could have for example
main.mirrors.archlinux.org point to the fast mirror. If I'm not mistaken
the script should always try to resync when something doesn't seem to be
ok (rsync should exit > 0 in that case), but I might have forgotten some
edge cases.

PS: A mailinglist for mirror stuff (like this discussion) with all
mirror admins would also be quite nice.

--
Florian Pritz -- {flo,bluewind}@server-speed.net