[arch-general] Syncing the mirrors

Hannes Rist hrist at selfnet.de
Thu Feb 4 18:27:57 EST 2010

Hi,

>> PS: A mailinglist for mirror stuff (like this discussion) with all
>> mirror admins would also be quite nice.

> As a mirror admin (mirrors.rit.edu) , I second that request, although
> perhaps one low traffic list (mandatory script updates, bulletins,
> etc) and one for discussions?
> Or perhaps some other scheme entirely.

+1 from me.

mirror-announce and mirror-discussion?

Also a mailing list would be a lot faster than the bug-tracker to for
example let archlinux.org know if you plan to change
hostname/IP/directory-structure etc as it looks like the mailing-list
gets read more frequently than the bug-tracker.

regards,
Hannes (mirror.selfnet.de/ftp.wh-stuttgart.net)

--
Hannes Rist
| Crew Selfnet e.V.            NOC: admin at selfnet.de |