[arch-general] KMS again with 2.6.33?

Sven-Hendrik Haase sh at lutzhaase.com
Sat Feb 6 06:30:54 EST 2010

On 06.02.2010 12:03, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> Am Samstag 06 Februar 2010 schrieb Sven-Hendrik Haase:
>
>> I was wondering whether KMS would officially return with 2.6.33 since a
>> lot of fixes have gone into it? Obviously there will be a lengthy
>> testing series first. Is it currently planned to try KMS again with 2.6.33?
>>
>> -- Sven-Hendrik
>>
> You can still use kms, depends on your card but we have full support for it
> right now.
> greetings
> tpowa

As it stands, it requires recompiling the whole stack to enable DRI2
acceleration as well as using AUR packages. While this obviously is
supported by the packages, I don't consider it "officially supported by
Arch". Even the wiki says so. I'm talking about real official Arch
support with supported packages now that KMS drivers are out of staging.

-- Sven-Hendrik