[arch-general] A suggestion for the devs regarding rebuilds

Robert Howard rjh0507 at ecu.edu
Mon Feb 8 14:06:35 EST 2010

Keeping old versions of libs would violate Arch's policy of being bleeding
edge and also complicate things. -1 from me.

On Feb 8, 2010 2:03 PM, "Thomas Bächler" <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:

Am 08.02.2010 19:56, schrieb Ray Kohler:

> I haven't seen a single reported problem from any of the recent big
> rebuilds that wasn't the res...
A popular variant of this apparently was cairo-lcd, which everybody
forgot to rebuild, thus breaking gtk2.

I should also had that the problems have been getting less due to the
community-testing repository and the fact that we could synchronize
extra and community rebuilds this way.