[arch-general] policykit vs polkit

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Tue Feb 9 18:11:40 EST 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 00:04 +0100, Jan de Groot wrote:
> policykit and policykit-gnome will die soon. At this moment only
> pulseaudio in community uses it, but I'm sure someone has ported that
> to polkit also.

I just checked upstream and Fedora:
either the pulseaudio package in community is outdated, or it contains a
bullshit dependency. Later versions of pulseaudio don't call into
policykit for realtime permissions anymore, but rely on being started
with realtime permissions, or, if it's available, requesting realtime
capabilities through realtimekit.