[arch-general] mail client

Brendan Long korin43 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 02:56:05 EST 2010

On 02/10/2010 11:24 PM, andrew james wrote:
> i think I am soon tired of thunderbird 3..  I could revert to vers 2
> but why is the newer vers slow, laggy, semi-stallish?
>
> has anyone else a funky thunderbird vers 3?  any switch values to
> cause it to work quicker?
>
> alternatively,
>
> what is your favoured mail news client for POP3, IMAP, Syndicates,
> news groups NNTP, all in one?
>
> I want a  better program.
>

> andrew

I actually just changed to Thunderbird from Evolution. Evolution is
nice, but much too heavy for what I need (just email). v3 added
threading (or maybe I just missed it until now), which makes the arch
mailing list readable. If you're having trouble with Thunderbird and
want something similar, Evolution is about the same, and maybe you won't
have the same problem with it.