[arch-general] Error message on mkinitcpio

Xavier Chantry chantry.xavier at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 19:46:27 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 10:27 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think we may have this fixed in pacman-git, but Nagy or Xavier would
> know for sure...

That documentation from man PKGBUILD still applies, I don't think we
ever considered it as a bug/problem :

       replaces (array)
           An array of packages that this package should replace, and
can be used to handle renamed/combined packages. For example, if the
           j2re package is renamed to jre, this directive allows
future upgrades to continue as expected even though the package has
           moved. Sysupgrade is currently the only pacman operation
that utilizes this field, a normal sync will not use its value.

But now I am wondering if replaces could imply conflicts/provides.
Implicit fields means less control and power to the user/packager though.