[arch-general] (solved) Re: pacman message: "too much happens::" ...

clemens fischer ino-news at spotteswoode.dnsalias.org
Fri Feb 12 12:39:06 EST 2010

clemens fischer wrote:

>  "too much happens:: Synchronizing package databases..."

It was my fault after all.  Maybe you'd have found it, if I had posted
the entire fcrontab command:

@mail(1),first(5) 8h ${tellit} "pacman sync"; \
    { pacman --noprogressbar -Sy && pacman --noprogressbar -Qu || :; } 2>&1

and ${tellit} is:

tellit="/root/bin/screen_backtick.sh -u root -b0"

and screen_backtick.sh calls my very own eventlogger, which is a shell
interface to mq_overview(7), the posix message queues.  There are
a number of writers in my systems sending status messages to be
displayed in the screen/tmux status line.  After switching to tmux,
I increased the rate at which these messages are dequeued and displayed,
so the queues filled up.  There's resource limiter in eventlogger:  if
too many messages are queued, the STORM pseudo-message is shown to
indicate an error.  It so happens that STORM is set to "too much
happens".

I should have known better:  If I am the only person with some problem,
it just might be my fault ...

clemens