[arch-general] pacman.conf: can I use wildcards?

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Wed Feb 17 20:44:59 EST 2010

Am Wed, 17 Feb 2010 19:13:26 -0600
schrieb Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:

> No, we don't support globbing in these options. Question to the list-
> does it make sense to do so?

Yes, because I usually edit many of the .desktop files
in /usr/share/applications due to a missing menu editor in Xfce and a
terrible menu editor in KDE (bloated XML file and just marking entries
as deleted instead of deleting them). And adding every single .desktop
file to /etc/pacman.conf makes this file pretty long and complex.

So it was nice, if one could either add a complete directory
(e.g. usr/share/applications) or such a path with a wildcard for the
files (e.g. usr/share/applications/*) to NoUpgrade.

Greetings,
Heiko