[arch-general] pacman.conf: can I use wildcards?

Pierre Chapuis catwell at archlinux.us
Thu Feb 18 05:20:11 EST 2010

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 20:34:09 -0600, Aaron Griffin
<aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> No, we don't support globbing in these options. Question to the list-
>> does it make sense to do so?
>
> Yes, but it would also be nice to support recursion here as well. For
> instance:
>
> NoExtract = /usr/share/doc/*
>
> should disable ALL doc extraction, no matter how deep it's nested

Recursion is a good idea but that's not what is usually expected from *.
I would suggest to use ** like in ZSH if it is implemented. Real regular
expressions support would solve all those problems but that's probably
overkill.