[arch-general] EEE 1000H - control of Wifi device

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Thu Feb 18 06:56:41 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 11:39:38AM +0100, Thomas Bächler wrote:

> Use the rfkill utility from core. It will display the rfkill devices and
> modify their state. As James said, using the sysfs interface is
> depreacted and it will disappear soon.

(/me reads rfkill.c)
Rfkill depends on the sysfs interface at least for reading names.
The rest is indeed done via /dev/rfkill.

> If you want to avoid deactivating your wireless by accident, I guess you
> need to modify the settings of the ACPI module like mentioned in the
> other subthread.

Well, since I don't have /etc/acpi at all it looks like this
switch works without any soft support at all. So I guess it
just can't be disabled.

--
FA

O tu, che porte, correndo si ?