[arch-general] Was the kernel suspend to disk feature removed on 2.6.32.8-1

Javier Vasquez j.e.vasquez.v at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 10:37:27 EST 2010

Hi all,

Previously I was having the following settings:

/etc/default/grub
----------------------
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT='resume=/dev/sda5'

grub.cfg
-----------
linux   /vmlinuz26 root=/dev/sda7 ro  resume=/dev/sda5

I have installed:

acpitool 0.5.1-1
kernel26 2.6.32.8-1

And fro quiet a long time I've been using the kernel suspend feature
through acpitool, so in order to suspend I've always done:

acpitool -S

As of now, it seems storing the state into the swap area is working.
Problem is that when booting, the kernel is not even trying to see if
there's state stored in the swap, since I don't see any message about
it, and all I'm getting is plain boot.

So I suspect the kernel is not compiled with built in support for
suspend to disk.  Is this true?

Thanks,

--
Javier.