[arch-general] Problems with ifplugd and net-auto-wired

Sebastian Köhler sebkoehler at whoami.org.uk
Sat Feb 20 23:57:36 EST 2010

Hi,

I've two problems with ifplugd and net-auto-wired. When ifplugd is
started during boot my speakers make a weird and very loud "moep"
sound. When started from a console after boot no such sound occurs.

The second problem I have is if net-auto-wired starts during boot
time it will not detect any networks. I have to restart
net-auto-wired by hand after boot to get a connection.

/etc/rc.conf(just the important lines)
    MODULES=(acpi_cpufreq cpufreq_ondemand coretemp lib80211_crypt_tkip !ssb !b43 fglrx wl usblp !pcspkr !snd_pcsp vboxdrv vboxnetflt fuse)
    INTERFACES=()
    WIRED_INTERFACE="eth0"
    WIRELESS_INTERFACE="wlan0"
    DAEMONS=(syslog-ng hal ifplugd @net-auto-wired @net-auto-wireless @alsa @mpd @crond @ntpd @alsa @lastfmsubmitd @lastmp @cpufreq @sensors @tor @privoxy)

/etc/network.d/dhcp
    CONNECTION="ethernet"
    DESCRIPTION="dhcp"
    INTERFACE="eth0"
    IP="dhcp"

As far as I can tell my configuration is correct but I'm open to any
suggestion

Sebastian
--
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only
off by a bit.