[arch-general] Microsoft keyboard and unworking keys

Andre Ramaciotti andre.ramaciotti at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 17:19:18 EST 2010

Daenyth Blank <daenyth+arch at gmail.com> writes:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 16:34, Andre Ramaciotti
> <andre.ramaciotti at gmail.com> wrote:
>> as in "they don't show any keycode
>> on 'xev' or 'showkey'".
>
> It sounds like those keys are broken. It should be sending something. Is it old?

It's barely used.  I don't think the keys are broken, most probably,
these keys send the "I've been pressed" signal in a non-standard way
(you know, it's Microsoft, it wouldn't surprise me at all).  I suspect
this because this keyboard comes with an installation CD, which probably
contains some kind of special driver (for Windows and Mac OS X only).