[arch-general] kernel 2.6.33-1

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 11:10:18 EST 2010

On 02/27/2010 02:46 PM, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> Hi guys,
> kernel 2.6.33 first test run ...
>
> Upstream changes:
> http://kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges
>
> Arch Linux bugfixes/feature requests:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18249 # added HPET
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17970 # added CONFIG_USB_GSPCA_PAC7302
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17791 # added UTS_NAMESPACE
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17756 # added CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER for WCHAN
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/16715 # added Linux Container support
> - added jfs and reiserfs statistics
>
> Arch Linux changes:
> - changed radeon kms enabled by default
> - merged ext2/ext3 support into ext4 module
> - nouveau module is still provided as out-of-tree module, it's more up to
>   date.
>
> Broken binary modules:
> - lirc,fcpcmcia,madwifi,tiacx though no fix available yet.
>
> Needs to rebuild:
> - 686 modem binary modules
>
> Enjoy have fun and give me feedback,

Anyone taking care of the libdrm, mesa, libgl, ati-dri and
xf86-video-ati rebuild so all the benefits of kms can be fully used? As
far as I know it is needed to make this work as well as possible with
ATI cards.

Anyway, will give it a go (as is, late kms and early kms if all goes
well) in my desktop (X600 card), in my work notebook (HD2400) and an
older (half dead) notebook with an nvidia card and see if it works fine.