[arch-general] kernel 2.6.33-1

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 13:19:14 EST 2010

> Works great ... but no ATI 3d.
>
> libdrm, mesa, libgl, ati-dri and xf86-video-ati need to be rebuild to
> use dri2
>
> Ignacio

The new kernel seems to work just fine on all my machines, however there
is no kms love.

Booting without recompiling anything makes xdriinfo say there is no dri
acceleration and xvinfo says there are no xv capable adaptors, however
all apps seem to work smoothly (didn't test video).

Recompiling libdrm and friends from abs (as explained in the wiki) makes
xv work but no dri or kms, when trying to modprobe radeon the following
message is issued:

FATAL: Error inserting radeon
(/lib/modules/2.6.33-ARCH/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon.ko):
Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

Checking dmesg shows:

radeon: Unknown symbol drm_vblank_cleanup

However the system still boots and starts X without hangups so not a big
show stopper.

I'll just wait for mesa and friends to catch up and I'll give it another
go (this shouldn't take long I guess).