[arch-general] kernel 2.6.33-1

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 16:41:20 EST 2010

> The mirrors should get the rebuilt/updated packages soon. Please report
> if KMS is working for you. KMS is very soon freezing my desktop without
> entries in Xorg or everything log file :(

If you mean:

ati-dri-7.7-2
libdrm-2.4.18-3
libgl-7.7-2
mesa-7.7-2
xf86-video-ati-6.12.99.git20100227-1
xorg-server-1.7.5-2

that are already available at ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/testing/os/$ARCH/
then no go for me, always the same error when trying to insert radeon:

FATAL: Error inserting radeon
(/lib/modules/2.6.33-ARCH/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon.ko):
Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

and 'dmesg | grep radeon' outputs:

radeon: Unknown symbol drm_vblank_cleanup

This while trying to enable late KMS. X still starts though, xdriinfo
reports that there is no dri and xvinfo outputs what is expected.

This happens with an r3xx (X600XT) card and an rv610 (HD2400) card.