[arch-general] Adding new partition to system from unpartitioned space - any reason to not use ext4??

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Jan 7 12:26:05 EST 2010

Guys,

	This is just a quick request to make sure I don't screw myself playing with new technology. I have a server 5 existing ext3 partitions on a dmraid array with several hundred gig of unpartitioned space. I have created the new partition and I'm about the create the filesystem. With ext4 now available, is there any reason I shouldn't go ahead and create the filesystem as ext4? It will simply be another data partition to supplement /home that was created rather small to begin with.

	Any thoughts or gotchas on using ext4 instead of ext3 for this??

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC