[arch-general] Efficiency of devs/TUs

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 02:34:13 EST 2010

I just did my -Syu and saw pidgin had been version-bumped to 2.6.5.

Since my connection is dog-slow, I browsed to pidgin.im while waiting
for the download to finish (I like to check change-logs). Lo and behold,
the version advertised on Pidgin's official website was 2.6.4!

Of course, the sourceforge was at 2.6.5. Which has just been uploaded
today, 10th January. Now THAT'S what I call efficiency.

Thanks guys. The PKGBUILD indicates Biru Ionut as the specific
maintainer, but thanks to all the rest as well =).