[arch-general] Quoting of E-mails

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 23:48:42 EST 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-11 at 21:33 -0700, Steve Holmes wrote:
<snip>
> If bottom-posting is so passionately desirable, then may I suggest
> people trim down the history of a thread to the most recent 1 or 2
> generations back.  Or maybe even better, just reply with no quoting
> and and briefly summarize the quoted context.  Yeah, I realize quoting
> past context is more work.  I just find that when people top-post, I
> can seem to get through the mud a lot faster.
<snip>

Part of the point of bottom-posting is that you're supposed to trim the
email, and I believe the same people who request bottom-posting be used
also request proper usage of trimming.

The other concern is that these MLs are typically archived, and its
really tough to go through archives (for example, when googling about an
issue) when there's top-posting involved. That's actually my primary
reason for bottom-posting.