[arch-general] gmail and mailing list

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 13:45:27 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Mauro Santos
<registo.mailling at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> P.S.: As a sidenote: Is it normal/intentional that I don't get my own
>>> mails back via the list? Or is this some weird GMail stuff?
>>
>> It's a gmail issue.
>>
>> I'm not sure if there is a setting or something like that, but i've
>> noticed the same and also heard other people about it.
>>

>> mvg,
>>    Guus
>>

> Same problem here, and they even know about it, they might as well
> provide some workaround or option to change it.
>
> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6588

I don't understand how that is an issue. Why do you want to see your
own mails in the inbox ?
For each ML I subscribe to, I create a new label and a new filter, and
I set it to skip inbox and archive because I do not want ML to clutter
my inbox. Much better that way :)
But to each his own.
That said I think it's always better to have configure options and control.