[arch-general] Startup scripts

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Fri Jan 15 20:39:09 EST 2010

Am Fri, 15 Jan 2010 20:12:09 -0500
schrieb Alexander Lam <lambchop468 at gmail.com>:

> I just tried Control-C during a regularly scheduled fsck on my system
> and it stopped the fsck and booted normally, so that should have
> worked for you.

And if fsck couldn't be stopped by Ctrl-C this would be an upstream
issue and has nothing to do with Arch's initscripts
anyway. The only thing /etc/rc.sysinit does is to call fsck.

Btw., as far as I know it's not necessary to set fs_passno to >0 for
journalling file systems because they have such a feature included so
that they detect if a file system wasn't cleanly unmounted and fix it
by themselves. At least I hadn't had any problems with ext3 and
fs_passno=0 yet.

Greetings,
Heiko