[arch-general] 2 Killer kde4 dark themes - DR you listening??

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Jan 19 12:30:56 EST 2010

Guys,

	I stumbled into 2 cool looking dark kde4 themes while tweaking an existing
theme so I thought I would pass them along for any others that like dark themes
... like DR. The themes are dark gradient themes:

BlueGold color-theme:

  http://www.3111skyline.com/download/dt/kde4/color-schemes/DcrBlueGold.colors

screenshot:

  http://www.3111skyline.com/download/ss/kde4/DcrBlueGold.jpg

BlackGold color-theme:

  http://www.3111skyline.com/download/dt/kde4/color-schemes/DcrBlackGold.colors

screenshot:

  http://www.3111skyline.com/download/ss/kde4/DcrBlackGold.jpg

(note: the screenshots were from within E16)

	For the corresponding dark colors for all your kde4 editors (kwrite, kate,
quanta), just add the following to your ~/.kde4/share/config/kateschemarc:

[kate-kwrite-dark]
Color Background=26,26,26
Color Highlighted Bracket=228,180,94
Color Highlighted Line=36,36,36
Color Icon Bar=113,113,112
Color Line Number=167,167,167
Color MarkType1=228,180,94
Color MarkType2=255,0,0
Color MarkType3=255,255,0
Color MarkType4=255,0,255
Color MarkType5=160,160,164
Color MarkType6=0,255,0
Color MarkType7=255,0,0
Color Selection=47,87,133
Color Tab Marker=115,115,115
Color Template Background=204,204,204
Color Template Editable Placeholder=204,255,204
Color Template Focused Editable Placeholder=102,255,102
Color Template Not Editable Placeholder=255,204,204
Color Word Wrap Marker=76,76,76
Font=DejaVu Sans Mono,8,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0

then in an editor, choose Settings -> Configure Editor -> Fonts & Colors and
then change the "Schema:" (at the top) and the "Default schema for Kate/Kwrite:"
(at the bottom) and the editor window color will not complement the dark theme.

Enjoy!

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC