[arch-general] [signoff] kernel 2.6.32.4-1

Tom uebershark at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 19 16:17:40 EST 2010

> That is a (temporary) bug in mkinitcpio, which won't be solved until
> the next major mkinitcpio version, expected "soon". It doesn't harm
> anyone, just prints this message.

Sorry to hijack, but I cannot resist...
I've been having great problems recently with any custom-built kernel,
both vanilla and from abs.
Kernels build fine, boot fine, but then I get something about control
sockets at the udev stage and the system hangs failing to find my root
partition. I have an older kernel+image(done with older version of
mkinitcpio) with exact same .config which works fine though.

Could you please elaborate on this 'bug' in mkinitcpio!? Maybe you know
something that mighty fix this for me?!

Tom