[arch-general] Quoting of E-mails

Xavier Chantry shiningxc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 07:18:09 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Marti Raudsepp <marti at juffo.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Steve Holmes <steve.holmes88 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Actually when you think about it, most blogs are all in reverse
>> chronical order which to me is the same thing as top-posting and
>> nobody seems to complain about that concept.
>
> Separate blog posts are typically unrelated, so there is no reason
> they should be chronologically ordered.
>
> How about blog comments? In nearly all blog publishers, they are in
> chronological order.

I agree, one blog post + comments is more analog to one mail thread.
So I like to have the same order as in blogs : threads / blog post in
reverse order (most recent on top) , but inside each of them,
bottom-posting / chronological order.
Actually when you use a thread view, you usually get a chronological
order for all mails inside a thread. If you combine that with
top-posting, its a bit weird.