[arch-general] claws-mail vs sup (WAS: Quoting of E-mails)

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Wed Jan 20 10:14:35 EST 2010

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 15:46:41 +0100
Philipp Überbacher <hollunder at lavabit.com> wrote:

> The only drawback right now is that sup is still
> very young, it has its quirks. Never the less it's the best mail
> client I've used so far (used only claws mail before), especially
> when it comes to reading and searching and I don't regret that I
> switched.
>
> Regards,
> Philipp

i'm also using claws. the biggest thing that bothers me about it is not
enough customisation options, no event system, no easily scripting
things inside it (they are working on an events system but it supports
only 3 events now afaik, and you can spawn external scripts with
keybinds but it's hard to modify the behavior or state of claws from
external scripts).  one of the many examples: I want to be able to
change html/image viewing settings depending on sender address or open
mailbox.

any thoughts on those things re: sup and claws?

Dieter