[arch-general] [signoff] kernel 2.6.32.4-1 [ Possible Problems... ]

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Jan 20 11:51:19 EST 2010

On 01/19/2010 04:43 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> On 01/19/2010 12:42 AM, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>> bump to latest bugfix version.
>> Please signoff both arches,
>>
>> greetings
>> tpowa
>
> Can't 'sign off', but kernel26 2.6.32.4-1 seems to be working fine on x86_64
> with nvidia. I'll load it on my laptop and report back as well after testing the
> radeon setup. That should be the real test.
>
> Is the recommendation no early config for the radeon module??

Tobias, all,

After further testing with kernel 2.6.32.4-1, I have found two bugs:

(1) the kernel upgrade kills WindowMaker
(2) the kernel upgrade kills VirtualBox

It was ironic, because I was using WindowMaker when I installed the kernel and then on reboot, WindowMaker attempted to start and then crashed back to the login screen. After the upgrade I successfully rebuilt the kernel module for vb with vbox_build_module, then started vbox and it hung with a small dialog "spawning session". Let me know what information you want to see and I'll be happy to provide it or file a bug report. Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC