[arch-general] Can you rebuild an nv dmraid array in linux - or is it just gparted and copy partitions?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Jan 20 23:30:56 EST 2010

Listmates

I had a failing drive in my arch server so I installed a new one. The bios raid
'nvidia dmraid' provides the feature to 'Rebuild' the array and allows for
adding the new disk to the array. After that configuration you are prompted to
"Boot to an OS that supports rebuilding.." (or something very close to that).

I image that there is some windows utility that does the rebuild on boot.
Something probably on one of the cd's that came with the motherboard.

The motherboard is an MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum (MS-7374) and has the nvidia dmraid
0/1/5/ chipset.

In the past I have always just used gparted to copy partitions from good drive
-> new drive and created a new array. Based on the output of creating the array
in the bios, I'm curious if I can just rebuild does it work in linux? how?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC