[arch-general] unclean filesystem

christopher floess skeptikos at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 15:11:59 EST 2010

Uh, this might be a quick question, since it's a little abstract.

I'm dual booting and I've noticed that every time I boot into Arch after
I've booted into one of my other systems, there is a forced file system
check. It's not a huge deal, because I use Arch almost exclusively, but
I have to say, I cringe at the thought of having to boot into one of the
other systems now.

How would you trouble shoot this? I have also never seen a system where
after every ~20 reboots, a file system check is mandatory. This might
just be my ignorance here, so a reference to some background about that
part of the boot process might suffice.

Thanks in advance.

-- chris