[arch-general] initramfs: execute own script

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 11:21:19 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Jim Pryor
<lists+arch-general at jimpryor.net> wrote:
> Also, Arch is in the process of moving to a different initcpio system.
> It's not in any of the repos yet, but is in the pipeline. I haven't
> fully understood what the changes will be. I think they're getting rid
> of the use of klibc.

Yeah, we're killing off klibc, as it's largely unmaintained. We're
switching to actually using glibc and busybox. This comes at a size
cost, but adds convenience and won't be too noticeable in terms of
speed.

We'll also gain improved filesystem detection and a better rescue shell.

mkinitcpio, including the hooks/install pairs will remain as is, so
the instructions provided in this thread will still work fine.