[arch-general] problem with video driver ?

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Sun Jan 24 17:50:51 EST 2010

Hello all,

Today I installed Arch on my desktop which previously had Fedora.
All works well except

  ssh -X zita2 emacs

where zita2 is my laptop.

It works, but it is ex tre me ly slow, I can count
the lines being displayed when scrolling a page.
This used to work perfectly before.
Other apps doing quite intensive X work don't seem
to be affected. OTOH, the emacs running on the laptop
is of course the same as before.

Video driver is 'nv', but it doesn't show up in lsmod.
Some others do: 'drm' and 'ttm' which I haven't seen
before. As far as I was able to find out, 'drm' is
related to 3D-acceleration. I don't need nor want this,
and I'm suspecting it could be related to the problem
I'm seeing.

Any hints/help will be appreciated !

Ciao,

--